"Old fashioned cinnamon pancakes topped with fresh cuts of apple cooked in a cinnamon syrup glaze."
For the Apple Topping
- Prepare apples by pealing, removing the core, and cutting into small pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, add butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, syrup, and chopped up apples. Set heat to medium and cook for 3-6 minutes or until apples are soft, stirring occasionally.
- You can either set the heat to low or remove saucepan from heat and cover while preparing the pancakes.
For the Old Fashioned Pancakes
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, egg, and vanilla. Slowly pour in the cooled melted butter, vigorously whisking (so the heat of the butter does not cook the raw egg).
- Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, forming a smooth, fluffy batter.
- Spray a large pan with cooking spray and warm over medium heat.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of pancake batter into the pan, then use a spatula to gently spread the batter into a flat circle (about 4-5 inches wide). Cook pancake for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles appear along the sides. Flip the pancake and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- As pancakes are ready, garnish with apple topping and serve hot.