Today’s recipe is for Avocado Bacon and Eggs. I had first seen them on The View from in Here and knew I’d love them because I’m quite obsessed with avocados. I made a few changes and have found a new favorite recipe the hubby and I enjoy in the mornings. The combination of the avocado with the cheese, bacon and eggs makes for a simple but filling breakfast that I think you will enjoy too.
- 1 medium Avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1 piece of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 TB of low-fat cheese
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Begin by cutting the avocado in half and removing the pit.
- With a spoon, scoop out some of the avocado so it's a tad bigger than your egg and yolk. Place in a muffin pan to keep the avocado stable while cooking.
- Crack your egg and add it to the inside of your avocado. Sprinkle a little cheese on top with a pinch of salt. Top with cooked bacon.
- Cook for 14-16 minutes. Serve warm.