Add a festive Candy Cane Crescent Roll Breakfast Pastry with a cream cheese and cherry filling to your Christmas brunch. It is sure to impress with minimal effort for a breezy Christmas treat. Beware, little hands are guaranteed to snatch it up for a taste of that yummy glaze drizzled over the top.
- 2 packages of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 8oz. Cream Cheese; softened
- 1 egg
- ⅓ C. Sugar
- 1 Can Cherry Pie Filling
- ½ C. Powdered Sugar
- 1½ Tbsp. Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a cookie sheet, arrange crescent roll triangles pointing inward into the shape of a candy cane with edges overlapping (see photos above). Lightly press triangles together to seal. I used exactly 1½ packages of crescent rolls to make the candy cane shape.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar, add egg; beat until smooth.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon cream cheese filling onto the larger part of each triangle; leaving around ½ on inch from the edges. You will have extra cheese left.
- Add teaspoons of cherry filling over the top of the cream cheese.
- Fold tops of triangles towards the base end of each triangle and press lightly to seal. Using the extra croissant roll dough, cut the triangle ends off of 2 rolls to fill in extra spaces at the top of the candy cane as necessary.
- Bake for around 15 minutes or until top of pastry is golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before adding glaze.
- Prepare Glaze:
- Beat together powdered sugar and milk until smooth. May add an additional ½ Tbsp. of milk if too thick.
- Using a teaspoon, drizzle glaze over crescent tops of candy cane.