A simple recipe for extra cheese pizza on top of my favorite homemade pizza crust. Makes one 12-inch pizza or you can make two pizzas from my entire crust recipe and double the toppings listed below.
- 1/2 recipe homemade pizza crust
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup (127-190g) pizza sauce, depending how much you like (homemade or store-bought)
- 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 and 1/2 cups (6oz or 168g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 Tablespoons (10-15g) grated Parmesan cheese
- ground basil, to taste
Prepare the pizza dough through step 11, including preheating the oven to 475F as described in step 8.
Top the crust with the pizza sauce, then the sliced mozzarella, then the shredded mozzarella, grated Parmesan, then sprinkle with basil.
Bake for 12-15 minutes. For the last minute, I move the oven rack to the top rack to really brown the edges. That's optional.
Slice hot pizza and serve immediately. Store leftover pizza covered tightly in the refrigerator and reheat as you prefer. Baked pizza slices may be frozen up to 1 month.