This Pomegranate Mandarin Salad with Avocado and Feta is a festive salad for any winter meal! It's bursting with fruit rich in Vitamin C, crunchy pecans and creamy avocado. Top it with crumbled feta or goat cheese.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, or crisp mixed greens
- 1 long English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and sectioned
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- Citrus Vinaigrette
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar or Champagne vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon each sea salt and pepper
- To make a wreath-shaped salad, place a small bowl for the vinaigrette in the centre of a larger round shallow bowl or platter.
- Arrange bite-sized pieces of romaine or other greens in the bowl around the small dish. Top with remaining ingredients, finishing with feta cheese and pecans.
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together and pour into the small bowl in the center of the serving bowl.
- Serve and drizzle vinaigrette over all just before serving.