- 6 oz of butter or marg
- 6 oz caster sugar
- 5 oz of self raising flour
- 1 oz of coco powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- half teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of mil
- Cream together the marg/butter and sugar. Then add the rest of the ingredients in and mix well!
- Put in two 7 inch cake tins (I line the tins with parchment and grease) and place in to a preheated oven of 180 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. You can tell if the cakes are cooked if when you press the top it gives slightly but springs back.
- Remove from oven and leave for 2 minutes before removing from tins and placing on to a wire rack to cool.