darkish leafy veggies gently sautéed in lemon juice and crushed coriander seeds lend a pleasingly sour and barely astringent assessment to a warm and colourful millet, quinoa and vegetable hash. A easy, nourishing and scrumptious addition to nearly any type of meal, that is any other recipe adapted from Yamuna Devi's wonderfully imaginitive
- 1/2 cup millet (1 half cups cooked)
- 1/four cup quinoa (3/four cup cooked)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- three to 4 clean green chilies, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard seeds
- 2 crimson bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- large handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/four cups vegetable stock
- half teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 half lbs (675 g) fresh chard, spinach or collard veggies, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- juice of one lemon (three tablespoons)
- sea salt
- fresh floor black pepper
- olive oil
- Rinse the millet underneath cold walking water and soak in a single day in a few inches of cold water. Repeat with the quinoa, scrubbing the grains as they are rinsed, and soak one by one. the following morning drain the millet and allow air dry for a few hours in a strainer; the quinoa may be left to soak.
- warmness a medium saucepan over medium-excessive heat. whilst hot, upload the olive oil, wait some moments, then swirl around to coat the pan. upload the chilies and mustard seeds. As soon because the mustard seeds begin to splutter, some seconds, stir within the millet, peppers and zucchini. Stir until the millet darkens more than one sun shades, about 5 mins. Stir in half the parsley and the vegetable inventory and produce to a boil. lessen the heat to low, cover, and simmer for five mins.
- meanwhile, drain the quinoa. Stir inside the quinoa, cowl, and hold cooking until the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. do away with from warmth and allow cool for five minutes before fluffing with a fork. Season with salt and clean floor black pepper, and set apart.
- Toast the coriander seeds in a huge stainless-steel frying pan or saucepan over medium warmth. once they darken barely, a couple of minutes, upload the vegetables and lemon juice. cover and cook dinner, stirring on occasion, till the leaves are vivid inexperienced and barely wilted, approximately four or 5 minutes. get rid of from warmness and season with salt, pepper and a small drizzle of olive oil.
- To serve, arrange the sautéed vegetables on plates and top with spoonfuls of the millet-quinoa hash.