BISCUIT CREAMED CHEESE DANISHES AND MUFFINS
These Cream Cheese Danishes made with canned biscuits are delicious and so easy to make. They are wonderful for breakfast with coffee or as a snack with milk. Make some as appetizers when friends and family come over for a gathering or game day event. They would make a wonderful surprise breakfast treat for your Valentine. Children will love helping you make these. They will keep several days in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the microwave.
- 1 (16 ounce) can jumbo flaky biscuits with 8 biscuits in can.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling (You can use whatever pie filling you like)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoon milk, more or less until of pouring consistency
- Drizzle over danishes.
- Remove biscuits from can and pull apart to make two biscuits out of each one. You will have 16 flat biscuit pieces. If you are making the muffin type danishes, roll the biscuit pieces out a little to fit in the cup of a standard sized muffin tin that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- If you are making the flat ones on a baking sheet, place a piece of parchment paper on the sheet and put the flat biscuit pieces on the paper. I kind of crimp the outsides of each flat piece kind of like you would a pie crust to hold the filling. Mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with a mixer and add about a tablespoon to each danish, then add pie filling on top. I make 8 of each and use all the cream cheese and pie filling. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes until biscuits are brown and done. Let cool and add glaze below if you like. Makes 16 danishes. Enjoy!