Christmas quite often means lots of guests and loads more hungry mouths to feed! To make your life a little easier I have a super quick and easy festive snack to share with you that you can whip up when you know you have guests on the way.
These Pesto Parmesan Pastry Straws make a super easy snack or party appetizer for the festive season!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 tbsp red pesto
- 2 tbsp green pesto
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- To garnish: 1 tbsp grated parmesan and 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line two baking trays with parchment paper
- Unroll the pasty and cut it into 4 width ways so that you have 4 equal sized rectangles.
- Spread the green pesto onto one rectangle and the red pesto onto another.
- Grate on about a tablespoon of parmesan.
- Fold the remaining pastry pieces on top and gently press down.
- Cut each of the pieces of pastry into 4 long strips. Cut them in half and then twist and place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with more parmesan and chopped parsley