Creamy White Chicken Caprese Lasagna is an easy favorite meal, packed with flavor and surprisingly easy!
This is the ultimate comfort food. Lasagna loaded with caprese flavors such as tomatoes and mozzarella and a white cream sauce. YUM.
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 1-1/2 pkg. low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup 1/2 and 1/2
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 12 slices whole milk mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, artichokes, 1 cup mozzarella, grated parmesan, 1/2 the basil and tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, 1/2 and 1/2, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste until well combined. Using a spoon, stir in half the basil. Set half of the cream cheese mixture aside and stir the remaining half in with the chicken mixture.
- Take half of the cream cheese mixture (half of the part without the chicken) and spread it into a 9x13 baking dish, covering the bottom. Lay 3 noodles on top and then top with 1/3 of the chicken mixture. Repeat the noodles and chicken mixture two more times, ending with a noodle layer.
- Top with the last half of the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the whole milk mozzarella slices on top in rows of three, like shown.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella over everything, and then top with more basil if desired.
- Bake 25 min. or until heated through.
- Slice and serve! Enjoy!