Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins are made with whole grains, no oil, extra protein, lots of pumpkin and are absolutely irresistible!
- 1½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup sugar I used ½ cup stevia/sugar substitute
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 15 ounce pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 5.3 ounce container non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Stir pumpkin, vanilla, milk, egg and yogurt into the dry mix.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Fill muffins tins lined with paper liners or coated with cooking spray about ⅔ full. (Tip: if using liners, give them a light spritz of cooking spray before filling with batter.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm.
- Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool further.