No bake triple layer chocolate cream pie is a must make for your Holiday table! Three layers of creamy chocolate pudding inside a chocolate cookie crust. No bake, 4 ingredients, and some fridge time is all you need for the best chocolate cream pie dessert.
- 1 prepared chocolate cookie crumb crust
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
- Combine dry pudding mixes and half & half in a mixing bowl. Stir with a wire whisk until thick and combined. About 1-2 minutes.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate pudding into the bottom of the chocolate cookie crust.
- To the remaining chocolat epudding in the mixng bowl, add half of the tub of Cool Whip. Stir until combined and lighter in color. Spread on top of the chocolate pudding layer in the crust.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip on top of the pie and cover with the enclosed lid.
- Let refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or overnight, to allow the flavor to come together and the pie to thicken up. Garnish the top of the pie with chocolate curls (Hershey bar + a vegetable peeler) or garnish with Hershey chocolate bar squares.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
For best results, it's best to use half & half cream. It's half cream + half milk. It will produce a thicker, sturdier pie. Any milk will work but it may not be as thick.