A fresh and summery strawberry caprese salad stuffed into avocados with mozzarella, balsamic reduction and a creamy pistachio pesto!
- 2 avocados, cut in half, stone and skin removed
- 1 cup salad greens
- 1 cup strawberry, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella, diced
- 2 tablespoons pistachio pesto (replace the pine nuts with pistachios)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- Plate the avocado on the salad greens and top with the mixture of the strawberry, mozzarella and pesto followed by a drizzle of the balsamic reduction.
Note: To make the balsamic reduction, simmer balsamic vinegar until it reduces to 1/2 to 1/4 or the desired thickness and let cool before using.