Bacon Green Bean Bundles. Tender crisp green beans wrapped in bacon and brushed with a simple brown sugar glaze. These are easy enough for a weeknight meal and pretty enough to impress your guests alongside a steak dinner!
- Green beans (about 1 1/2 lbs) 6-8 beans per bundle
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook bacon on the stovetop until slightly cooked (You don’t want it crispy). Reserve any drippings.
- Trim and wash green beans. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add baking soda. Add green beans and cook 3 minutes until tender crisp. Remove from boiling water and place in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- Dab beans dry and toss with reserved bacon drippings (about 2 teaspoons), garlic powder and salt & pepper to taste.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half and wrap around about 6-8 green beans, secure with a toothpick and place on a parchment lined pan.
- Combine brown sugar with 1 tablespoon of water and lightly brush over each bundle.
- Roast 20-22 minutes or until bacon is crisp and beans are lightly roasted.