We actually planned a small play date with some of his friends, they came home with us after school one day and they all spent the afternoon trading Pokemon cards. These kids are OBSESSED with Pokemon right now! They really aren't allowed to trade at school, so it was nice to give them some time outside of school together. Of course we had the family over for pizza and dessert later the same night, and literally everyone raved about this mini cheesecake recipe!
Feel free to leave the cherry pie filling off, I did this for the first batch and they tasted great. I honestly prefer the pie filling on though, it gives it just a little bit extra to the cheesecakes.
For the crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 1 sleeve, if using while graham crackers)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- For the cheesecakes:
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- Place paper cupcake liners into muffin cups. In a small bowl, stir together crust ingredients. Evenly divide mixture among the 12 muffin cups, about 1 tablespoon in each. Using the bottom of a spice jar, press the crust mixture firmly into the bottom of each muffin cup. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together softened cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Pour mixture evenly over crusts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 17 minutes or until just set in the middles, do not overbake. Allow cheesecakes to cool. Serve topped with cherry pie filling.