Create dinner in one dish! If you’re tired of dirtying up a bunch of dishes to get dinner on the table, try one of these one-dish recipes and make the task of preparing and cooking dinner a little easier.
A. best paleo dinner recipes
Quick & Easy Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (plus a little extra added later)
- 400 g / 0.8 lb chicken breast or thigh meat, sliced into thin strips (bite-size)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper (black is fine too, but white is more Asian in flavour)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 cups sliced Napa cabbage (1/2 medium cabbage)
- 250 g / 0.5 broccolini or broccoli florets (about 10-12 broccolini stems)
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3½ tablespoons coconut aminos (or 3 tablespoons Tamari sauce)
- Juice of ½ lime (or 2 tablespoons, lemon juice can also be used)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a large frying pan or a wok over high heat. Once hot, add the chicken meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes each side, then remove to a bowl with all the juices.
- Place the pan back over high heat and add another teaspoon of coconut oil. Add the ginger, cabbage, broccolini and carrot and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add a splash of water (about 2 tablespoons), garlic, fish sauce, coconut aminos sauce, lime juice and return the chicken meat to the pan. Mix through. Cook altogether for 2 more minutes, stirring frequently. Finally, drizzle with a little sesame oil and stir through. Serve while hot!
B. best paleo dinner recipes
Spaghetti Squash Chow Mein
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup COCONUT AMINOS (or tamari if not paleo)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon COCONUT SUGAR
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (or black pepper!)
- 2 tablespoons OLIVE OIL
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced diagonally
- 2 cups cole slaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- Cut a spaghetti squash in half length wise and scoop out seeds. Lay skin side up in a 13 x 9 pyrex and pour 1/2 inch of water in the bottom of the pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until flesh is very tender. Once done, scoop out flesh with a fork so it breaks apart into strings, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut aminos, garlic, coconut sugar, ginger and white pepper; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and celery, and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in cabbage until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Stir in spaghetti squash and sauce mixture until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.