This decadent Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake is a chocolate dessert recipe that you don’t want to miss!
Today’s Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake was a labor of love. Last year for his birthday my guy requested a cake that combined two of the things that he loves most, brownies and chocolate chips cookies. Well not so much the cookies (though he wouldn’t say no to those!) but more precisely chocolate chip cookie dough. He always tells this cute story of how his mom never wanted him to eat chocolate chip cookie dough because she said it would make him sick so when he got to high school he signed up for a Home Ec. class and the day he learned to make chocolate chip cookies he raced home and whipped up a big batch. His mom came in the kitchen and asked him if he wanted her to preheat the oven and he told her there was no need. Then he took the bowl of dough and headed up to his room where he ate the whole thing. That’s my guy!
- 2 boxes Brownie mix (this should be mix that makes 9×13 inch pan of brownies, that will make 2 9 inch rounds, if smaller double the amount of brownie boxes) + ingredients listed on box (or your favorite homemade brownie recipe!)
- 2 1/4 c Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 sticks Butter , softened
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 3/4 c Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 2 c Chocolate Morsels
- 2 c Dark chocolate , finely chopped
- 1 c Heavy cream
- Mix the brownie batter up and pour it into 4 greased and parchment lined 9-inch round pans. Bake brownies following the instructions on the packaging for 8×8″ brownie pan.
- While the brownies bake and cool make the no bake cookie dough.
- In a bowl mix together flour and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl cream together the sugar, brown sugar, and butter.
- Add Vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the flour mixture a little at a time.
- Once fully combined add the milk a tablespoon at a time until the cookie dough is a consistency that is loose enough to spread.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat the cream in the microwave until it begins to boil then pour over the chopped chocolate stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Assemble the brownie cake starting with a layer of brownie, then spreading no bake cookie dough over it, brownie, cookie dough, brownie, and a last layer of cookie dough.
- Pour the ganache over the cookie dough and chop up the last brownie round and sprinkle over the top.