This recipe is simple to make and a great way to use your favorite store bought bread. I used French Bread from Rouses’s Supermarket, it’s one of my family’s favorite breads. Now just because I am using tomatoes, I am not going to lie to you and tell you this recipe is healthy. I can tell you it’s pretty darn delicious!
- 3- Medium tomatoes
- 1 Loaf Braided French Bread (I only used half of it)
- 1/2 Stick Butter (I used Land of Lakes)
- 1- Clove Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley plus 1- teaspoon Parsley
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Slice the loaf of French Bread using a bread knife down the center like the above picture.
- Melt butter in small bowl in microwave until fully melted. Remove butter from microwave, pour butter into a food processor (I used a small food chopper) add 1/4 cup fresh rinsed and dried parsley , peel garlic clove then add it to the butter. Blend all the ingredients together until they’re finely chopped and mixed together. Pour the butter mixture into a small bowl, using a basting brush carefully brush the top and bottom side of the bread.
- Place the bread cut side up onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese on top, then sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese on top. Place the bread in the oven for 5 minutes.
- While the bread is in the oven. Rinse, dry, and thinly slice the tomatoes (see below picture) . Once you slice your tomatoes lay them down on a plate . Drizzle one side of the tomatoes with the Olive Oil then sprinkle on salt and pepper to your liking.
- When the bread is finished baking carefully remove the baking pan from the oven and set down on a flat surface. (Leave oven on) Place the tomatoes on top of the baked bread .
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan Cheese on top of the tomatoes. Next, evenly spread the remaining parsley on top of the cheese and tomatoes. Bake for 12-15 minutes in the oven on 400 degrees until cheese is melted and the tomatoes are cooked all the way through.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice and serve!
- You can eat the Caprese Bread alone or serve it with your favorite meal.