CREAMY CARAMEL SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK FROSTING
This frosting comes together really easily and starts with a can of sweetened condensed milk to make it extra special. It is a great way to make a caramel frosting for your favorite cakes!
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- In a saucepan, bring the sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar and butter to a boil over medium heat. Stir constantly and allow to boil for 3-5 minutes. The frosting should be like a thick pudding.
- Cool caramel mixture to room temperature. This may take a while, but you can put it in the refrigerator to speed the process if you want to. When cooled, it should be thick enough to almost hold it's shape. See the picture below for reference.
- Whip cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Add cooled caramel mixture and beat for at least a couple of minutes.
- Spread over cooled cake.