Extremely thick and fluffy pancakes which are low in carbs and healthy too! These low carb pancakes are loaded with protein (without protein powder!), fiber and with no sugar whatsoever! Naturally gluten free, paleo and with a tested vegan option!
For the pancakes
- 3 T coconut flour
- 1-2 T granulated sweetener of choice
- Pinch baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 large egg whites (for vegan option, use 1 T + 1 tsp Ener-G egg replacer + 1/3 cup water, set OR 3 T flax + 9 T water)
- 1 T mashed pumpkin OR applesauce OR mashed sweet potato OR yogurt of choice
- 1/4-1/2 cup + dairy free milk*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T coconut butter
- 2 T dairy free milk
- 1 T granulated sweetener of choice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the coconut flour, granulated sweetener of choice, sea salt and baking powder to avoid clumps. Mix well to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites very well (can be until stiff peaks form- This makes them even more fluffier than pictured!) or flax egg with the vanilla extract. Add to the dry mixture, along with the mashed pumpkin. Using a tablespoon at a time, add dairy free milk until a thick batter is formed (you may need more than 1/4-1/2 cup). Mix lightly, but do not over mix.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and heat on low/medium. Once pan is hot, pour batter using a 1/4 cup at a time. Cook pancakes for 2-3 minutes or until the edges brown, before flipping very gently and cooking for an extra minute or two, until cooked through. Repeat until all the pancakes are cooked.
- To make the coconut butter vanilla glaze, whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl and top pancakes. Add sprinkles if desired!