Korean bbq san diego.
There’s a time and a place for Korean barbecue; the time is “always,” and the place is “everywhere.” Luckily, there’s no shortage of Korean restaurants to choose from in San Diego, most notably along the Convoy Street corridor in Kearny Mesa, and although nothing beats LA when it comes to West Coast Korean barbecue, this strip of eateries nestled between the 805 and 163 freeways gives LA a run for the money.
korean bbq san diego (gogi-gui) actually translates as “meat roast,” but there’s more to it than that -- side dishes (banchan and kimchi) and dipping sauces, like white vinegar and sesame oil, are traditionally served to help customize the experience, which is half the fun. Unbutton your pants and get ready for some meat sweats: Here are the best places for Korean barbecue in San Diego.
Othrer Recipes To Korean bbq san diego
SLOW COOKER KOREAN BEEF
Amazing and flavorful beef that slow cooks to tender melt in your mouth perfection! This will be one of the best meals that you will make!
- 1 ½ pounds Flank Steak
- ¼ cups cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- ½ teaspoons mince Garlic, Cloves
- ½ cups Soy Sauce
- ½ cup beef broth
- ¾ cups Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- sesame seeds and green onions, for garnish
- Cut flank steak into thin strips. In a ziplock bag add flank steak pieces and cornstarch. Shake to coat.
- Add sesame oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, onion, and red pepper flakes to the slow cooker. Stir ingredients. Add coated flank steak and stir again until coated in the sauce.
- Cook for high 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours until cooked throughout and tender. Can serve over rice and garnish with green onions.