Low-Carb Chicken Zucchini Enchilada
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 c. Shredded chicken
- 1 1/3 cup red enchilada sauce, divided
- 4 large zucchini, (sliced with a mandolin or peeler)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Sour cream, for drizzling
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and salt.
- Cook until golden and brown. It’s about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, shredded chicken and 1 cup enchilada sauce.
- Stir well until combined.
- Using a vegetable peeler or a mandolin make thin slices of zucchini. On a cutting board, lay out four zucchini slices slightly overlapping. Then, add two tablespoons of chicken mixture on top. Roll up and transfer carefully to a baking dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini and chicken mixture.
- After that, use remaining enchilada sauce to top the zucchini enchiladas.
- Sprinkle the shredded Monterey Jack cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes and until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro and serve.
This recipe is adapted from Delish.com