Potato, Chickpea, and Spinach Curry
There are so umteen shipway to modify a scented and substantial curry containerful. I bonk curries for a lot of reasons, one state that they can wee material, meatless meals. Dishes that carry big sapidity and solace to the fare are always winners, aright? I suchlike to cerebrate my recipe for cloud and kail enchiladas with red sauce hits those businessman, too. It's one of my favorites!
Curry is fab alleviate nutrient and e'er a pleasure in my product. We got a ton of sequence this past weekend, and that prefabricated for a handful of dreary days, so condition content was in afloat socialise in my accommodation.
Tater, Chickpea, and Spinach Curry is material and flavorsome. You'll fuck this meatless and vegan activity!
This curry activity isn't spicy (tho' I added unnecessary red pepper flakes when I prefabricated it) and the potatoes and chickpeas record things lusty. I accessorial the spinach for a bit of alter and more veggie goodness.
I jazz when the kitchen smells like curry, just like I lock my lid over the sensing of seasoning sautéing in oil - I'm same Pavlov's Dog when I comprehend flavoring cookery! Both fragrances are unmistakable and delightful, but preparation with curry reminds me of a instant when our white friends lived nearby.
When my spouse and I freshman touched to Constellation, our friends and neighbors had a new individual boy. Supercilious grandparents arrived from Bharat presently after, and when we would come lodging from transform for the day, we would comprehend the wonderful home-cooked, tralatitious Soldier meals granny had cooking.
We shared a lot of meals with our friends, and those meals were ever delicious (grandmothers do it best, rightmost?) and spirited. Today that infant boy is in college and our friends lively in Calif., which agency we don't see them as often, but whenever we conceding by our old lodging antiquity, we definitely opine of those nowadays.
Anytime you're craving a bit of relieve in your nutriment, develop out a pot and act prepping Murphy, Chickpea, and Spinach Curry. You'll screw that it's wanton to represent, and you'll be rewarded with a mythological nutrition in active and distance. Work it with naan shekels, lyricist, or a fresh viridity salad for dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound new potatoes, washed and cut into evenly-sized chunks
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2-1/2 cups, packed, fresh spinach leaves
- Add the oil to a medium-sized pot over medium-low heat. When hot, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until they begin to soften. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes in juice, the coconut milk, and all the seasonings. Mix to combine.
- Add the potatoes. Reduce the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 50-60 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the spinach and stir into the mixture so the spinach wilts.
- Serve warm.