Sweet Oreo Brownie Trifle
I started with a boxed brownie mix. Say what you want about the goodness of homemade brownies, but the boxed ones feel just right when you’re pairing them with instant pudding, faux-dairy topping, and store-bought cookies.
For the brownie mix:
- 1 (20 ounce) package brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- For the pudding mix:
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed
- 12 Oreos crumbled
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease the bottom of a 9-inch by 9-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water. Pour into greased pan and bake until done, about 40 minutes. Cool. Cut into 1-inch squares.
- In a large bowl, combine the pudding mix, vanilla, water, and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces of whipped topping. Fold until no streaks remain.
- In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and 4 ounces of remaining whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with crumbled Oreo cookies.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.