This Toasted Caprese Garlic Bread is made with hints of garlic and topped with ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, and creamy mozzarella cheese!
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut in half
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder, divided
- 24 ounces fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar/glaze
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place bread on a large baking pan.
- Drizzle each half with 4 tablespoons olive oil, followed by 2 tablespoons garlic powder.
- Top each half with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until cheese is just melted.
- Remove from oven and top each half with tomato slices, salt, pepper, and basil.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over tops of bread.
- Cut into slices and serve immediately.