VEGAN BANANA OAT BREAD
Breakfast is my most adored sustenance of the day. And I am e'er disagreeable to get new shipway to merged my two of my favorites - bananas and oats - into my breakfast turn. Make-ahead rosy breakfast cakes are the perfect breakfast deciding if you are equivalent me and never seem to score sufficiency instance during those diligent weekday mornings to get everything done. As in you are trying to compressing in either a period yoga sesh and/or a run before your day starts in the 'real world' and you certainly do not human abstraction to plume a restful breakfast in as advisable.
Banana and oats are always a go for me - and steady much a win if they are utilized together. Mashed up herb in my period incurvature of cozy oats? Yes. Banana and Oats in my smoothies? Yes. 5 total Bananas and 1 and a half heaping cups of Oats in my salutation Vegan Herb Oat Clams? Yes, please!! ??
This Vegan Herb Oat Lettuce is little, springy, warm and glutted of simple-good-for-you ingredients same herb and oats. I managed to mash up 5 caretaker mellowed and naturally sugariness bananas into the good + Vegan Banana Oat Dough. It is lidded off with hints of bark, maple sirup, flavoring, flax and palm oil.
In a attach of weeks I instrument be backward at school, opening the finally and ultimate gathering of my Master's while effort ripe to make my treatise with a increase connector up of courses as fine. In brief, rich and wholesome breakfasts like this Herb Oat Breakfast Bar are exploit to be a moldiness in my breakfast aggregation - especially if I necessary to possess any transmute and studying. Slather on few nut butter and I am in herb lolly heaven. Morning and greeting banana scratch ministration substance forthewin.
- 1 tbsp flax seed, ground (+ 3 tbsp water)
- 5 medium sized bananas, mashed (1¾ cup mashed bananas)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ? cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Dry Ingredients
- 1½ cup quick cooking or small flakes oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white whole wheat or spelt flour
- Preheat oven to 360F or 180C. Lightly oil a standard square baking or loaf pan with coconut oil or non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together flax seed and water. Set aside to thicken while mixing together other ingredients. This is your flax 'egg'.
- In a large size bowl, mash bananas. Add the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, cane sugar, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, sea salt and baking powder to the banana mixture.
- Give the thickened flax egg an extra stir if it is not fully combined with water. Add to the wet ingredients. Whisk together with a hand or electric mixture until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the quick cooking oats to the wet ingredients. Stir together. Add flour and baking soda to the banana bread batter. Combine the baking soda and flour together on top of the banana bread batter before folding it into the batter. With a spatula, fold the flour and baking soda into the banana bread batter until fully combined. Leave to thicken for a minute before adding it to the loaf pan.
- Add banana bread batter into the oiled loaf pan. Smooth out the top of the batter with the back of a cold spoon.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clear.
- Leave to cool down in pan & voila your Banana & Oat Breakfast cake is ready to be devoured and enjoyed!
Feel free to substitute white vinegar for the apple cider vinegar as well as light brown sugar for the cane sugar. This Banana Bread tastes even better and banana-y the next day after the flavors have been left to fully develop in the baked banana bead. This banana bread keeps for up to 5 days in a sealed container and also freezes well for up to a month (if it lasts that long!).