Not only are these vegan Loaded Cauliflower Nachos great for a party, but they’re simple enough for a weeknight meal! Don’t forget the creamy cashew queso.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3/4 – 1 cup Silk Unsweetened Cashewmilk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon miso paste (optional)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Break cauliflower into florets, Slice into 1/4-inch slices. Place on a baking sheet; season with 1/2 teaspoon cumin and chili powder. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- In a small pot, add cashews and carrots; cover with water. Bring to a boil; boil for 15 minutes. Drain.
- To a blender, add cashews, carrots, 3/4 cup Cashewmilk, nutritional yeast, salsa, miso (if using), garlic, onion powder, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and a touch of salt & pepper. Blend until smooth; add more Cashewmilk for a thinner sauce.
- Arrange cauliflower on a plate or serving tray. Top with black beans, corn, bell pepper, tomato, red onion, and jalapeño. Drizzle with cashew queso sauce. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.